Regional Data Hosting Policy
Effective Date: February 2, 2023
This Regional Data Hosting Policy (“Hosting Policy”) describes where Customer Data will be hosted by Datawarehouse.io LLC (“Datawarehouse.io,” “us,” “we,” or “our”). Certain Datawarehouse.io Integrations provide for hosting in the European Union (“EU Data”), and this Hosting Policy sets forth the Integrations that provide for EU Data hosting, as well as the exclusions for when EU Data will not be hosted in the European Union.
Please read this Hosting Policy carefully before using our Integrations to understand our policies and procedures regarding where your Customer Data can or will be hosted.
This Hosting Policy does not apply to Customer Data stored, hosted, or exported to your cloud-based or on-premise servers, or Customer Data that resides in Third-Party Services managed and hosted by third parties and the Customer Data that is or may be shared with such Third-Party Service. Specifically, this Hosting Policy does not apply to the source of Customer Data that you provide the Integrations access to (i.e., HubSpot). We have no control over where HubSpot, or any other third party, hosts your data, and the Region for such hosting is entirely between you and the applicable third-party hosting provider.
This Hosting Policy is made pursuant to the Datawarehouse.io Terms and Conditions (https://datawarehouse.io/terms-conditions) (“Agreement”), supplements and forms an integral part of the Agreement, and is effective as of your first use of any Datawarehouse.io Integration. All terms and conditions of the Agreement shall apply to this Hosting Policy unless clearly stated otherwise herein. Should a conflict between this Hosting Policy and the Agreement exist, the terms of this Hosting Policy controls.
Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein, such as “Customer Data,” have the meaning set forth in our Terms and Conditions and/or our Data Processing Agreement, which are hereby incorporated by reference.
By accessing and using our Integrations, you agree to the hosting of your Customer Data in accordance with this Hosting Policy. If you do not agree with our policies and procedures, please do not access or use any of our Integrations.
We reserve the right to modify this Hosting Policy at any time by posting an updated Hosting Policy on the Site. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Hosting Policy. If we make any material changes, we may provide you with notice on the Platform and we may also, at our sole discretion, provide active Subscribers with an email notice of those changes. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Hosting Policy and your continued use of the Platform after the effective date of such change is deemed to be acceptance of the updated Hosting Policy. If any modification is unacceptable to you, you shall cease using the Platform and any Integrations to which you have subscribed. If you have any questions about this Hosting Policy you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Data Residency” means the physical/geographical storage location of an organization’s data or information.
“Exclusions” means the services and processing not covered by this Hosting Policy and which will continue outside of the Location, as described in the ‘Exclusions’ section below.
“Hosting/Hosted” means the storing, hosting, or replicating of Customer Data including for archival, backup, and log purposes (subject to the exceptions noted herein).
“Region” means the region or geographic area where your Customer Data is primarily stored within our cloud infrastructure (e.g., North America or Western Europe).
“Regional Data Hosting” means Customer Data that may be processed or stored in a location other than the United States.
2. Regional Data Hosting. Subscribers who purchase an Integration after October 24, 2022, have regional data hosting available to them by default for certain Datawarehoue.io Integrations. Datawarehouse.io’s backups and audit logs of Customer Data for which Regional Data Hosting is available are also Hosted in the selected Region. If you purchased a Subscription Service before October 24. 2022, then you may choose to migrate your Customer Data to Europe by contacting us at email@example.com.
3. Applicable Integrations. Exhibit A (Integration Hosting Regions) of this Hosting Policy specifies our Integrations and the Regions where Customer Data may be Hosted for each Integration. If an Integration is not listed in Exhibit A or in applicable Product Specific Terms as providing Regional Data Hosting, Customer Data is processed and stored in the United States of America (“United States”). If an Integration purchased by you does not support Regional Data Hosting, Datawarehouse.io makes no commitments on the Hosting Region of your Customer Data.
4. Available Regions. io maintains separate production infrastructure in both the United States and Europe (specifically in Amsterdam, Netherlands) enabling Subscribers to store and process Customer Data in Europe for certain Datawarehouse.io Integrations. For a list of specific Datawarehouse.io Integrations that allow for Regional Data Hosting and the mechanism for selecting available Regions, please see our Product Specific Terms. If you need data hosting outside of the United States or Europe, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Migration. We reserve the right to expand the list of Regional Integrations at our discretion, and may provide for additional Regions other than those listed in Exhibit A. In such a case, existing Subscribers may choose to change Regions and migration of Customer Data to a data center in the requested Region may be required. In such circumstances, a copy of Subscriber’s Customer Data will be created during the migration process for the purposes of ensuring that all Customer Data required to be migrated has been fully migrated to the data center in the specified Region. This assurance process conducted by Datawarehouse.io may take up to thirty (30) days from the date of commencement of such migration, during which time Customer Data may be hosted in more than one Region. After the migration process has been completed and confirmed, deletion of the copy of the Subscriber’s Customer Data in the former data center will commence. Subscribers should expect that migrations will likely require a scheduled downtime.
- 6.1 Customer Support. In order to provide customer support our employees and Sub-Processors from other Regions may access your Datawarehouse.io User Account and Customer Data. For example, we may access your Customer Data if you call our service support helpdesk and have a question about how to use a certain Integration or feature, or to fix a bug.
- 6.2 Security. Datawarehouse.io employees from other Regions may access your Customer Data to investigate or remediate security incidents and/or suspected violations of our Terms and Conditions.
- 6.3 Billing. Customer Data necessary for billing processes may be accessed or transferred outside of your Region.
- 6.4 User Access. Your Authorized Users may log in to your Datawarehouse.io User Account from areas outside of the Region. This means that Customer Data may be accessed and transferred from the Authorized User’s location. Any access and/or transfer of Customer Data by an Authorized User access is entirely your responsibility.
- 6.5 Related Data. As described in the ‘Data Protection’ section of our Terms and Conditions, we may collect data about how you use and interact with the Platform, including our Integrations. All Related Data will be transferred from the Region to the United States.
- 6.6 Sub-Processors. We use Sub-Processors to provide the Integrations and these Sub-Processors may have access to or process Customer Data (which may contain Personal Data). To the maximum extent practical, we will ensure that Sub-Processors Process Customer Data in the Region specified in Exhibit A. By consenting to our use of a Sub-Processor, as more fully described in our Data Processing Agreement, you are consenting to Customer Data being accessed or stored outside of the Region.
- 6.7 Third-Party Services. Customer Data may be shared with Third-Party Services (as that term is defined in our Terms and Conditions), including third party applications that interoperate with the Integrations. Customer Data that is Hosted or Processed through such Third-Party Services is outside the scope of this Hosting Policy. Please contact the providers of these Third-Party Services directly if you have questions about Hosting or Processing of Customer Data through these Third-Party Services.
- 6.9 Customer Data Hosted by You. Certain Integrations may provide you with the ability to export and/or Host Customer Data on your own servers (“Customer Hosting”). By purchasing an Integration that permits Customer Hosting, you acknowledge and agree that this Hosting Policy does not apply and you assume full responsibility for all Hosting activities occurring on or related to your Customer Hosting.
7. Hosting Disclaimer. You understand and agree that while Customer Data will be primarily stored and processed in the Region, (i) Datawarehouse.io is located in the United States and certain storage and processing may continue outside the Region, including in the United States and other Regions where we, our Affiliates and Sub-Processors operate; (ii) we may change Sub-Processors in order to provide the Integrations, in accordance with our DPA; (iii) Customer Data may be accessed outside the Region if your Authorized Users are located outside of the Region; (iv) except as otherwise agreed in writing, only the Integrations with a Region other than the United States specified in Exhibit A will be stored in the Region; and (v) we make no warranty that this Hosting Policy or the Region where your Customer Data is hosted will meet your Data Residency requirements.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Regional Data Hosting Policy or our hosting of your Customer Data, please contact us at email@example.com.